The main functions of CNS Department are:
The CNS department is responsible for assuring integrity and safe provision of Aeronautical Telecommunications, Radio Navigation and Surveillance (CNS) Services and that provided services satisfy regulatory, contractual and ICAO obligations.
Plan, direct, and coordinate works in Communication, Navigation and Surveillance (CNS) engineering with responsibility for operations, preventive and curative maintenance of the following Facilities:
a) Communication facilities
· Air-Ground voice communication facilities (VHF Radios)
· Ground-ground communication facilities ( VSAT SADC AFTN, ATS/DS Circuit and HF radios)
· Associated voice recorders, Satellite Meteorological link equipment and radio links.
b) Navigation Facilities:
· Instrument Landing Systems (LLZ, GP/DME)
· Non-Directional Beacons (NDB);
· Flight Calibration of Navigation Systems
· Associated radio/wired links and NAVAIDs remote control equipment
c) Surveillance Facilities:
· Secondary Surveillance (MSSR) radars,
· Primary Surveillance (PSR) Radars
· Flight Data Processing Systems
· Flight Calibration of Surveillance Systems
· Network Time Protocol Clock Server (NTP)
· Associated data recorders, radio and fiber networks and hardware
d) Meteorology systems
· Automatic Weather Observation System (AWOS) and
· Low Level Wind Shear (LLWS).
· Flight Calibration of Meteorology Systems
· Associated data recorders, radio and fiber networks and remote equipment